The Tinghöj Battery was constructed during the years 1887-88.
The Battery was supposed to protect the areas between the Gladsaxe, Bagsværd and Lyngby Forts, and the north-westwrn part of the Western Enceinte. The Battery also was supposed to protect the area behind the three forts.
The Tinghöj Battery had a dry moat and two battery lines. A southern line with six 15 cm. guns and a northern line with 3 12 cm. guns.
In the middle casemates for crew and ammunition storage. On top of the Battery, there were two cuppolas, each with a 8 m.m. mitrallieuse with 10 barrels to defend the battery itself. On top of the highest point on the northern part, there were an observation position.
The crew consisted of 3 officers, 13 sergents and 100 privates..
The battery was decomissioned 1920.
The battery is at the time private property and is normally not accessable.