The Buddinge Battery was built during the years 1888-89 southwest of the little town Buddinge.
It was a little battery and the task was to defend the area in front of the Gladsaxe, the Bagsvärd and the Lyngby Forts by shooting across these.
It was also supposed to shell any penetrating enemy behind the front. Finally, the battery should prevent
the passage through the valley lowering between theTinghøj and the Vangede Batteries.
The battery consisted of an open, 2.5 – 3 m high, partially buried, ground plant with six concrete emplacements, an underground ammunition magazine and a smaller magazine for ammunition to be used at once.. In addition, there was a binoculars station built into southwest rampart. The battery had a surrounding dry moat.
The battery was armed with six 12 cm iron guns M / 1885, which in peace time were stored in an artillery store 150 m southeast of the battery. The crew lived in tents at the battery.
In 1914, the first officers on the battery, with the help of some good constables, erected a small concrete casting command station at their own expense. and, should it prove later, risk.
This building stille excist.
The battery was discontinued in 1920. After the decommissioning, the battery was used by the Geodedical Institute (later the National Board of Maps and Matrices).
Over the years, they have constructed some small buildings on the battery that has changed the shape of it. However, still the magazines and emplacemants are left.