The coastal battery “Strickers Battery” was built north of Kastrup as the southernmost point of the Copenhagen fort in 1801. It was named after its first chief, Prime Lieutenant Justus Alexander Stricker.
The battery was expanded in the 1875-76. It was originally called the Kastrup battery
It was a closed earth battery with a rectangular base, 135 meters long or approx. 70 meters deep. It was surrounded an approx. 8 feet wide wet moat.
The moat could be kept under fire from a redan on the side of the throat.
The battery was equipped with a 6 meter thick faceplate, covered with an approx. 2 meters thick concrete wall. On the flanks and throat, the wall was only approx. 2 meters thick.
In the middle of the wall was a traverse with an observation post and ammunition magazine. Access to the battery was in the throat north of the redan.
The battery was abandoned in 1914 and blown in 1954 to make way for a factory.
In the area there are two ammunition magazines that have probably been connected with a nearby powder magazine and possibly also with the Strickers Battery.
Four almost similar magazines were demolished in 2008/09 on the nearby factory site, where Strickers Battery had previously been located.