On the east side, parallel to the ramparts, the railway track for the battery train ran. The course was originally made in connection with the constructions of the Enceinte.
At the construction, discarded rail equipment had been used, as it had never been planned for the track to be included in the fortification.
The enceinte rail was connected to the state railway network.
In connection with this connection, a small Station building was built, which was quickly renamed the Military Station.
It was a small locomotive that had to be borrowed / rented from the National Railways to pull the train.
But as early as 1895, the head of the battery train complained about the condition of the rails. He prohibited driving the train longer than outside the depot. At the same time, the National Railways complained that hanging branches rattled the coal boxes on the side of the locomotive.
In 1902 only the 2200 meters from the West Railway to point VIII were so good that the locomotive could be used. On the stretches where the rails were too poor, the soldiers had to push their battery train themselves.
In 1914, 1000 rails were procured and the entire connection restored. The enceinte track was also extended at the other end to point 0 at the Köge Bugt
720 meters of double tracks were laid in 2 places.
The battery train was equipped with 15 cm. French Canet M / 91 steel haubits, with a range of about 6500 meters. A total of 6 of these were purchased. The ammunition was the Danish standard 15 cm.
The primary task of the battery train was to strengthen the defense of endangered sections.
However, the utility must be questioned. The smoke pillar from the locomotive would be excellent for enemy artillery to shoot in, just as a single hit on the rails could effectively cut the train off.
In 1931 the train was decommissioned and the wagons are sold for scrapping.
According to normal practice, the Military Museum was offered one of the carriages, with they sadly refused, and a unique piece of Danish railway and artillery history disappeared forever.